Friday, August 1, 2008

Haven't had a moment in forever!


Even though I have been off for three days form work I am still not caught up on the things I want to be. I did get to the bank, the grocery store and got to spend some quality time with fate but the older girls were in school and it's a bummer. I miss them all even when they are cranky :)


Today being my last day off from work for awhile I have decided to take the kids to the beach after school. They get out an hour early on Fridays and I thought it would be fun to pack them all up and head to the beach. We probably won't make it there again for quite some time so this will be our last fun trip till maybe even next year!


I am so missing being home with them and honestly being frugal! I swear it's so much harder to be frugal when you are out and about more. I found it much easier to be frugal in "my own little world" than in the "real" world! I miss having time to clip coupons, study the grocery store ads and learn new ways to save and pay off debt. These past three days have made me realize how much I did ENJOY being home and contributing to the family on a different level than working outside the home does. I miss my frugal ways and cooking everyday instead of feeling pressured to eat out because of time restraints. I am sure that over time I will again figure out a way to balance work, kids, and being frugal but I feel like I am cheating my family right now by not making homemade foods and truly being there for them. When you are gone 10 hours a day it's hard to feel like you are there for them.


I have always felt that being frugal and having a close family tie to your loved ones DOES go hand in hand and I see that more now than ever. I pray everyday that Chris will get a job where he makes good money AND has benefits so i can quit and come back to what I love and know best....motherhood and frugality!

1 comment:

Frugalmommie said...

I work full time and I have too. I wish I didn't..I really wanted to be a stay at home mom...

Enjoy the fact that you are lucky!