Monday, August 11, 2008

Just Now Getting to post my grocery trips!

I have already posted these on Just Frugal but thought I would keep a record of my trips here as well since I plan on sticking with the couponing and all :)


I am SO happy right now seriously I could do a cartwheel! I went grovery shopping all by self since all the kids are in school right now.... I took all of my coupons and my flyer...Keep in mind that I didn't really buy any large quanities of meat (going to another store later tonight for the meat deals) But I am proud of myself just the same! I had been spending WAY too much on food here due to poor planning and not using coupons like I should! I am only going to post what I bought and the total cost of everything and how much I saved because I am on limited time here gotta get those fresh vaccum marks on my carpet as well Here it goes....
  • 2 gallons of Milk
  • 4 frozen veggies (corn, peas, green beans and carrots)
  • 2 pasta- one whole wheat and one reg
  • 3 Hunts pasta sauce
  • 3 24-pack waters .5 liter size 3 ken's salad dressings
  • 1 Box store brand pop tart
  • 7 Lipton noodles and rice side dishes 5 quick mix muffin mix( I know not the most frugal but they were 10 for $10 and I had coupons for $1.00 off 2)
  • 2 10-pack juice boxes ( I hide these from the kids and only use them for Fate's Lunches at school)
  • 1 hot dog bun
  • 1 hamburg bun
  • 1 8 pack of gatorade
  • 1 10 pack box groanla bars
  • 1 secret deodorant
  • 2 shampoos
  • 2 conditioners
  • 2 bags chicken tenders
  • 2 bags meat balls
  • 5 bags of bay scallops
  • 1 bag of 20 tortillas
  • bunch of banannas
  • apples
  • grapes
  • peahces
  • 4 12-packs of soda

Total before coupons and discounts $219.80

Total after store discount card $148.94

Total after my coupons $ 71.86

Here's the post from the grocery stroe I got the meat from:

Just got back from the store for the meat. They were sold out of Hamburg But I still got a great deal but spent more than the $20 I was planning. I got four family pack packages of NY strip steaks with four steaks in each pack for $32.76 so about $8.19 per pack or $2 a steak... around here that is a great deal! and We are having some for dinner tonight I wil freeze the rest and use as needed.

1 comment:

Frugalmommie said...

Great Tips! Great Site!!