Saturday, June 14, 2008

Saturday before Father's Day

Well it's the Saturday before Father's Day my older girls will be coming tomorrow! I am very excited to see them yet worried about how they will act when they come home. We always have about a week of re-adjusting when they come back. There are not really any "rules" when they go with their dad, sure he still wants them to behave ect, but in our house there is no soda drinking, they have to clean their rooms and make their beds, help with the laundry, and we decided when we moved here they don't need TVs in their rooms anymore. Just the normal stuff and I think they get upset at having to return to the normal life. I can say that being divorced with kids is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. You still have learn to compromise with your ex and try to parent together even when you have such horrid feelings for eachother.

But tomorrow we are having a big BBQ and invited all of DH's family to join in the fun. I hope that having a party tomorrow will help the girls adjust better since there will be something "fun" going on when they arrive home.

Today was a good day we got the stuff together for the BBQ and went to get my oil changed. We also stopped at a Flea Market I was SO happy to find it. Chris is NOT into the flea market thing but it would be something fun for the girls and I to do together before they go back to school. They had TONS of kids clothes there so it could be a very frugal adventure for us most items were only $1

I learned yesterday that I have a job interview for a spot at Macy's in the next town over. i am hoping that it will work out and the schedule should I get hired will blend into our family life well.

I never realized how nice it is to blog....I was never any good at keeping a journal but this seems easier. I don't know if anyone is reading my blog really but it feels good to vent everyday it's my online therapy and it's cheaper than a counselor.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

We are reading it! Been wondering if your girls were back! Enjoy your day tomorrow and hope the adjusting goes well. Say hi for us!!!!