In all my years of edging toward a frugal life I have discovered many things about myself. One thing for sure I always seem to take two steps forward and three steps back when it comes to my frugal goals. I am WAY far ahead of what I used to be where frugal life in concerned...yet deep down inside I know I always yearn to be frugal of the confines of frugal living.
In the times we are currently living I am seeing more and more people around me turning to frugal living. There is lots of talk of planting gardens, questions about canning the fruits of their gardens, People I haven't talked to in forever asking about what which books they should read etc...
Frugal living like anything else is a lifestyle change. You have to be willing to give it your 100% attention or it doesn't bloom in springtime.
I will admit that I am sort of struggling to start over on my frugal travels and the people from my website and other inspiring frugalettes are helping me along the way.
I urge everyone who is struggling now when times are tight to re-learn the things our grandparents shared with us about living a full and happy life while still being frugal. Let's bring back the neighborhood potlucks, let's bring back to America a sense of community. Let us all give to our communities and share int he joy of each others lives.
A wonderfully frugal and full life can be had by all.
As I struggle each day to come to terms with own frugal voyage I pray that many others will join in and start their own frugal journey. (And please pray that My husband will too LOL)
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment