Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Starting a Frugal Club!

If you go to www.meetup.com and put in your zip code you may be surprised to find there is already a frugal living club, coupon trading, or other frugal based club in your area. There is one where we live now that meets at Target every Trash day morning and drives around trash picking good things!I also found several groups that meet at a book store to trade coupons. Check it out you may find some other frugal people in your area even when you didn't think anyone else was like you!

If you don't find a club already started why not post your own! Always be sure to have it meet in a public place. Having a frugal support system like the one on www.justfrugal.com in real life would be so wonderful!

2 comments:

~Tricia~ said...

What a great idea - I signed up to meet other homeschooling famalies (DD met her very best friend through that search!)and it never dawned on me to check anything for just me! DUH!

Frugalmommie said...

I would love to do this, I work in a church and I can use the church meeting room for free any time I want. I wish could get a bunch of ladies together and do this!

I wonder how many people acutally get together? How often? What kind of rules do they have?